etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Monday, September 12, 2011

not hopeless

its not the crickets
or the sound of the breeze

but a whisper i hear
outside under the trees


no noise but a feeling
no sound, so much meaning


the moon is watching
the stars are a present
wrapped up in light
for my simple enjoyment


its god with his steady hand
gentle and always
that catches me when i fall
gives me strength to stand


alone with the night
by myself with my words
i dont have to ask for bandages
he understands my hurt


im not such a good girl
most of the time i fill the silence
but i feel god the most behind the black of my eyelids


i dont have to ask for direction
he knows my needs
my fears
and offers protection


an umbrella of grace surrounds my weary face
unworthy and uncertain
i still hear gods voice behind the night curtain


lonliness takes alot out of me
but seeing the sky so perfect
i feel at peace, i feel free

2 comments: