etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

inspFired

teeth and tounges
lips and lungs
the tick of the clock invades my state of shock.

the beating in my chest doesnt make sense.
you killed me with one sentence

you said you wanted out
how am i still standing as my world comes crashing down

the glimmer in your smile coaxes me into denial
always blinds me to your guile

i hear the words you say
but i stopped listening
the minutes pass, im speechless now
waiting to awake from baddreaming...

my hair falls into my face
it suits me best out of place.

your eyes wont meet mine-keep staring at the blinds
wondering when you can roam outside

just touch my shoulder once
wind me up again---robot me, your tired plaything

i gave you the best of me, but boy youre fickle
easily distracted-abandoned me for fake breasts and false eyelashes

i sit like a little kid, in the corner-defeated
my knees slump, your foot thumps
youre ready to go-in your stance it shows...
one foot on the doormat-the other keeps time with the rain

just go--i'll be fine-as i force a halfsmile
a forgotten muse
a blown fuse
i used to light you up
now youve burned us down
blown me out
nothing but darkness now

No comments:

Post a Comment