etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hate Ashbury

woke up this morning

with san fransico on my mind

we saw the ships near alcatraz

you looked inside my eyes

near the fishermans wharf

we shared 4 dollar lobster

two straws, one soda

what a sight we were

the ocean wind, salty air, tangles of your hair

the rain started to fall, i was wearing a fur coat

sought shelther in your rental car, dodged a thunderbolt

it was then you pulled out your camera

while my ciggereate glowed orange

you told me to act natural,

naturally, i acted

you told me i was so cool, we knew that we were artists

trying to be who you wanted me to was probably the hardest...

we couldnt find a bathroom

so we drove all over town

you always waited until i was about to cry

finally pull over, at some coffee shop in Haight

vintage stores and head shops

vegan cafes, dreadlocks

we shared some wine on a patio outside

held hands across the table

im sure the waiter thought we were cliche

but when night fell in ashbury you looked at me that way

you told me you were falling

i told you i had already fallen

that night at the golden gate you were all i ever wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment