etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a poem because im MAAAAAAAAD

a poem born from frustration.


a tisket, a tasket,
howd you get all my eggs in your basket?
wolf in sheeps clothing, dirty little thief
you must have stolen from me while i was asleep
however did you get me to look the other way?
was i hypnotized by those eyes, those three words always you say?
i made a mistake, thought i knew who you were
but when awoke i was robbed;
you were standing close to her
you've got deceit down to a science
and somehow your image is tattoed to my eyelids
yesterday i had alot of everything going on
but its morning now, ive slept since then, and all of me is gone
did you decide what to do with all the spoils of your steal?
are you going to rub it in my face?
after all, youre the one who won the race..
my heart was a casualty, you walk around so casually
inside of your pocket you've got my whole life
the secrets ive told you, the joy and the strife
somewhere out there
i forgot who i was talking to
trusted you with my deepest down
i guess there was someone in you i thought i knew
but im stripped down to the barest of bare
just  hipbones, bad jokes, and an angry gray stare.
gotta get my livelihood away from your hands
because youre just some boy i loved, you'll never be my man




wow, that felt AMAZING. did this in ONE take, and i didnt edit ONE part, because frankly, its so AWESOME and so RAW that i didnt have to. guess i must have been REALLY REALLY inspired. if you take everything else from me, mad crazy world, at least i will always have words. and we all know-us poets, us writers, that the PEN is mightier than the sword. and mightier than some dumb boy that would break your heart without even knowing it. Here is to owning your creativity, loving our callous words, and being who we ARE-never apologizing. never waiting around for some BOY. and im done----raise your glass if you agree?? can i get an amen? im with you girls, XOXOXOXOXO kb

1 comment: