etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Friday, June 10, 2011

25 things

a cool girl i know listed 20 things about her sister, and her sister listed 20 things about her and they were really interesting to read. i think its also a way to go inside yourself and pull out memories, characteristics, bad habits...cathartic. heres my 20.

1.  ive been writing poetry since i was 14. some of it is really profound, some of it is downright embarrassing, and some of it is about b o y s.

2. ive been biting my fingernails since i had teeth. no lie. ive tried everything to make myself stop. its a losing battle.

3. im vegetarian. i used to eat tuna every single day for lunch, so this is a new phase for me. so far, so good.

4.  wine, coffee, hummus, broccoli, eggplant, animal crackers, chips and salsa are my vices. ive tried every brand of salsa out there. no lie. i go through a jar a day...and i have an addiction to hummus. its not cute.

5.  some people dress for the opposite sex, some people dress for the same sex, i dress for myself and myself only. if i want to wear one earring only, or white knee socks with saddle shoes, or moccasin boots with a swimsuit, i will. to each their own--i dig my style. so there!

6.  my sister and i can read each others minds basically. i love how close we are. shes my rock and im her comic relief.

7.  i rarely wash my hair. i hate it with a fiery passion. i look like a little kid with clean hair, and i feel less confident! to my credit though, i never smell. like, i dont sweat really. and i dont eat weird food so i dont smell like garlic or pizza or whatever. haha.

8. a day spent garage saleing or thrifting beats rodeo drive or the best mall any day. hands down.

9. i cant be fake. i wont be fake. if i dont like you, you will know it. every emotion i have is written on my face at all times. sorry!

10. if you have ever said anything bad about me/my sister/my family/my fashion sense, i remember. forever. its a sick thing, but i hold a grudge. im trying to get over it.

11. i dont trust very easily. but once i love you, i love you forever. my sister and i share that characteristic, but shes more open to getting to know people and gives them the benefit of the doubt where im more of a skeptic.

12. when i grocery shop i have to open every single thing i got and eat a little something out of it. i cant stand the suspense of having something delicious sitting in my cabinet unopened. true story.

13. im obsessed with sienna miller, the olsens, alison mosshart (FAVE), kate moss, keira knightley, diane keaton, sofia coppola.

14.  please dont ask me to go to the movies. i have the attention span of a flea. you'll hate me-im squirmy and restless.

15. i have made the drive from texas to california several times, and it just motivates me to see the rest of the country by way of a ROAD TRIP. someday.

16. i dont really ever go for blonde guys. basically everyone i have ever really adored has been brunette with dark eyes. but its funny because im a ginger magnet!

17. when i lived in los angeles i was almost on a reality show about the fashion industry and the auditions were the WEIRDEST process ever.

18.  im super affectionate EVENTUALLY but at first im so awkward and prude.

19.  my heart has only been broken to pieces one time, and once was enough. im on strike.

20. in my old age im learning to be more gracious, more responsible, to pause and be thankful--to not pass judgement (which is hard)...to be more like my mommy....(shes a saint)...and im learning that my ass isnt where it once was, that staying in shape is only getting harder, and an early bedtime beats a night out at the bar every day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment