etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Monday, April 4, 2011

ghost love

today i woke up at 4 a.m. during a thunderstorm with a poem in my head. 


ghost at the foot of my bed
ghost dancing round in my head
thought id sleep better now that youre dead
seems youre the ghost that haunts me instead

ghost on my windowpane
ghost in the drops that fall with the rain

ghost in the shadows from the traffic outside
ghost in my yawn, my mouth open wide

thought id be sounder now that youre dead
but youre still just a ghost that sleeps in my bed.




the thing is, i have no ghosts anymore really. its been so long since ive been infatuated with anyone REAL...that i forgot what it is like to think about someone all the time, to dream about someone. so i guess i was just feeling inspired by the word ghost and the idea of being haunted rather than having an actual muse in mind. i used to have someone. and it took forever for the memory to fade away.
lucky me, im in therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment