etsy.com/people/beforeafton

etsy.com/people/beforeafton

Sunday, April 17, 2011

they say time heals all wounds

they say the only thing to fear is fear itself.
they say that when you arent looking, only then will you find it.
they say that it is better to love and lost than to never have loved at all.

excuse me but have THEY ever been a 20 something on the verge...?  to them, I say easier said than done. to them I say, if you are not looking then how will you know what you DO NOT want. And to them I say, I would rather have never loved than to have experienced a relationship/break-up like my last-what we dont know CANT hurt us, isnt that another thing THEY say? i suppose that they probably dont know anymore about anything than I do. I suppose that inventing adages and rules to live by made THEM feel like THEY were not so alone; that THEY were wiser than the rest of us. Here is a couple of adages I came up with as I began this post.

I say that the only thing to fear is regret. And squirrels. And the texture of tofu. And bad kissers. And bad hair days. Bad outfits. Shoes that give you blisters. Any song Avril Lavigne comes out with. People who do not need coffee. Small children at amusement parks/shopping malls/church/pizza buffets. People who eat at Golden Corral. People who wear Ed hardy. People/things who could break your heart/face/spirit/concentration.

i say that i have looked. have found it, then decided i didnt want it. i have also looked away when i should have kept focus. i have also looked before i leapt, and landed flat on my face. There is no right way to go about looking/not looking for what you want. Trial and error my friends.

and as far as love goes, i am leaning towards subscribing to these philosophies
love hurts.
to fear love is to fear life.
LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD.

keep fighting YOUR battles. not THEIRS. xo-kbrax

No comments:

Post a Comment